Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

First of all let me say that I am a slacker because we forgot to take a group photo!! There are other photos, but not a full group one like we normally do. :(

Anyway, on to the meeting!! B.C. member Debbie hosted and it was perfect! She themed it as Christmas brunch and she did not disappoint! There were bacon sticks, coffee cake, fruit, quiche, hot cocoa, coffee... there's no calories at book club right?







B.C. member Chelsea brought her little baby boy, Milo and let me tell you! We could start a Milo club just so we all could dote on him once a month! He was such a good baby and everybody loved him. How could you not? :)

So far we are not the kind of book club that spends hours discussing the book and this meeting was no exception. We spoke briefly about it if we could skip Christmas personally. We also thought that the neighbors were way too extreme and should have minded their own business. If someone wants to skip Christmas, they should be able to. What do you think?

The next book we are reading is Forrest Gump by Winston Groom. We are all really excited to read it seeing as the movie is so good!

Here are some more photos from the meeting:



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun/yummy time!! I am picking up Forrest Gump tomorrow since I am almost finished with Poisonwood Bible (YAHOO)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so good to keep on top of these posts...that was a fun meeting...milo loved it..minus one little part.. haha..poor kyle. i am going to for SURE read this book next christmas. lol. LOVE the pic of milo...maybe can i steal it? he loves you. aww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.... thanks for the link to your bookclub blog. I just love that you have a blog all about the books you've been reading along with questions. So cool!! I'll be checking back often as I love reading and I'm always interested in what others have found.

    Bye!!

    Crystal B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry missed this.:( It looked fabulous. I think our book club is great!

    ReplyDelete