Photobucket

Thursday, January 28, 2010

ipad


ipad: not the NY way of saying ipod. This I have learned.

No, this my friends, is like an enlarged iphone or Sony Reader where you can download books. But with the ipad, you have a 3G network, therefore you have internet wherever you go!

It's full features list includes:
Safari
Mail
Photos
Video
You Tube
ipod
itunes
App Store
Maps
Notes
Calendar
Contacts
and.. ibooks!

I can't decide if I think digital books are a good idea. I'm quite the book hog in that I want a copy of each book I read. I like having the physical book to put on a shelf. I like having books on display. On the other hand, how convenient would it be to travel with 7 books all the size of this ipad? I do think this idea is fabulous, will have many versions before it's done right, and I will want one undoubtedly.

What do you think about the new ipad?

2 comments:

  1. i love this post! ..if i didnt have an iphone, i would get an ipad. they are bitchin for sure.. but im like you, i want a physical copy of a book ive read..like a trophey. haha...they are cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate to make fun of it...because i do think its really cool..but this cracked me up..
    http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/4a/IPadnano.png

    ReplyDelete