Photobucket

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Choosing Books for your Book Club


So it's your month to choose the book. What should you choose? This is a question that I have to seriously think about a month before I get to choose. Do I theme it with the corresponding month? Do I choose a style opposite of the book chosen last month? Do I look to much into this? :)

Thankfully, there are some places to help! Over at Flashlight Worthy, they have created lists under Book Club Recommendations. Such lists in this category are, The 10 Best Books of 2009 for Book Clubs, The Best Book Club Selections of 2009 as chosen by Women Book Bloggers, and more. There are many other categories, and all are helpful when trying to choose a good book to read, whether you are in a book club or not.

Another place to find goodreads (hehe) is goodreads! They have tons of books to choose from, from so many genres and lists! They even have a "Worst books of all time" list! I'm not recommending you read them, I'm just sayin!

One other place I've found to help you choose a bookclub book, is over at LitLovers. They have an entire section devoted to Book clubs! Perfect!! They not only have book ideas, but questions to discuss at the meetings and.. umm.. recipes/menus?? ::Swoon:: We are ALL about that!

Go check em out, get lost for hours and add to your ever-expanding, to-read list!

No comments:

Post a Comment